Saturday, May 16, 2009

night in cancun unlike most nights in cancun

Its my first night in Mexico! It was a long day of traveling, but definitely not my longest and it went by pretty smoothly. I met Matt in the airport in new york and then I met a really cool group of girls that were going to Nicuragua to do a service learning program there. This one girl, Regina and I spent the whole time talking and distracting her from her fear of flying.
I spent a few hours in Miami hanging out with all of them and then making my last phone calls. The flight to Cancun was fine, leaving the airport was fine (we met Justin her) but we were dropped off at the wrong hotel, started to walk to the correct one with all of our luggage and then wound up taking a taxi to the hotel, which is really nice.
We met Brianna at the hotel and then the 4 of us found a burger place (I had a veggie burger that had pineapple on it!), bought our bus tickets to Chichen Itza and are now winding down and getting ready for our big day tomorrow.
I have definitely been the most relaxed for this trip out of any although I know in some ways it will be the most challenging. Well I am sure that there are many adventures to come and I promise you all that the rest of the entries will hopefully be much more exciting.
Last night in bed/air conditioning for a while!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sarah

    thankyou and cant wait for the next news.hope that your arrival went welll.I spent the day packing for dori and saying goodbye to the view.Miss you already.Love Mom

    ReplyDelete